Marketing Sherpa published the chart below on sales conversion. What’s stunning is that 50% of companies have NO processes or system in place. That’s an opportunity for smaller organizations.
While a customized Salesforce application and IT staff may be out of your reach, you can still effectively manage your sales pipeline and compete against the bigger boys with the right product like WeMeUS Relationship Management and Lead Generation. Compare our features against the chart.
- CRM system / closed loop tracking. GOT IT. WeMeUs is a personal CRM with full Lead Management for Consultants and Small Businesses. Follow and track leads from contact acquisition to email marketing to lead inquiry to the sales process from qualification to engagement.
- Define sales-ready and Qualified/Warm leads and quality. CHECK. WeMeUs provides automatic lead scoring. Fields includes Sales Status, Interest Level, and Priority so you can qualify, rate, sort, and display leads.
- Measure lead generation. YUP. WeMeUs lead capture, tagging, and search make it easy acquire, track and measure your lead gen efforts.
- Nurture leads / Hand leads to marketing. ABSOLUTELY. If leads don’t yet merit sales attention, WeMeUs Relationship Management and Email Assistant are a powerful combination to personally stay in touch with key contacts for nurturing, referrals, and repeat business.
How Organizations Manage Their Marketing-to-Sales Process
The average businessperson receives 200 emails per day. He spends 30-40% of his working time just managing that email torrent. Do you think he needs yet another one of your impersonal emails? It’s little wonder harried people today click ‘Spam’ on perfectly legitimate messages.
Business is increasingly about trust and building relationships. The top email marketing tactic is sending custom content to a targeted group, according to a MarketingSherpa survey (below). Generic email blasts rank at the bottom of the list.
What about the email that you send to your business customers and prospects? Email marketing services like iContact and Constant Contact can be useful. But sending out blasts of hundreds or thousands of emails is increasingly ineffective.
Large businesses have the manpower and budget to customize CRM systems like salesforce.com. Small businesses and consultants don’t.
That’s why we created WeMeUs Contact Management and Lead Generation. Our personal CRM system with Email Assistant enables highly personalized emails for messages that have impact … and actually get read.
According to a MarketingSherpa B2B survey, generating high quality leads is by far the number one challenge for marketers.
It wouldn’t be such a challenge if more people used WeMeUs, the top lead generation solution for self-employed professionals and small businesses. WeMeUs is a powerful personal CRM that gives you one place to turn to store, track, and build your relationships and sales.
WeMeUs features daily reminders, Keep In Touch updates for key contacts, and highly personalized emails that enable you to leverage your contacts, prospects, and customers to generate high quality referrals and repeat business. WeMeUs web forms capture Internet visitors and update your contacts and reminders to generate more leads.
Lead nurturing is the culmination of this past month’s example of aligning and integrating marketing and sales to powerfully and predictably generate revenues.
The process to this point has been composed of the following:
- The development of a Target customer.
- Segmentation that meaningfully divides your prospects so you can tailor your marketing to them.
- Lifecycle marketing for timely communications based on sales and product status.
- WeMeUs personal CRM with contact management, tags, groups, lead forms, and highly personalized email.
Lead nurturing combines the data from Segmentation and processes from Lifecycle marketing to generate the highest level of personalized communications. It enables you to deliver the information your leads want when they need it. Establish you or your company as a leader, improve your credibility, and remove sales objections. It all leads to your bottom line as nurturing qualifies the lead and moves the prospect down the sales funnel.
Lead nurturing is a warm way to make use of the various marketing and support collaterals and programs you’ve developed, run across, or obtained, including your industry, application, and product web pages, news, help, research, demos, executive briefings, seminars, webinars, case studies, articles, blogs, video, social media, testimonials, free trials, executive access, and immediate sales and technical support.
Last posting we covered customer segments and how to store them in WeMeUs using tags and groups. In this issue we look at how to get this data from your contacts and prospects.
Here are a few techniques.
- Web funnel. Create different web pages for your various segments. For example, your home page may have links that let the visitor click to explore solutions for different professions, such as recruiters, IT consultants, etc. Each web page then would have a different lead inquiry form that automatically identifies the user from his self-selected page.
- Lead form. The lead form itself can directly provide options for the user to select his segment(s). The WeMeUs lead capture form provides three radio button Interest fields. If you have more segments, direct the user to type his choice in the Notes field.
- Survey. To increase survey participation, make them short, make them relevant, provide an offer like a white paper or sweepstakes entry, and show a compelling benefit, such as survey information (where applicable) will be shared with all participants.
- Drip marketing. Drip marketing is an extremely effective data acquisition program. Send a regular and personal email through the WeMeUs Email Assistant that asks only one or two questions or a quick poll. Over time you will build both a strong customer relationship and powerful knowledge base.